DataPitStop Inc » Indiana » Grant County »TownshipsDirectory
  • Center Township
    • Township: 24N, Range:8E
    • Developed in 1834. In 1834, Center township was formed by taking a three mile strip from the southern part of Pleasant, and the same from the northern part of Union.

  • Fairmount Township
    • Township: 22-23N, Range:8E
    • Developed in 1851. In 1851, two miles was taken from the west of Union, and one mile from the east of Liberty, and organized into a township under the name of Fairmount.

  • Franklin
    • Township: 24N, Range:7E
    • Developed in 1855. In 1855, by order of the Board of Commissioners, a general re-organization was made, by which Richland, Pleasant, Sims, Franklinm Green, Liberty and Mill were formed as now.

  • Green
    • Township: 22-23N, Range:6E
    • Developed in 1848. Green was formed in 1848 including all of Liberty west of the boundary line. In 1853, Knox was formed by taking a strip 3 miles wide from the north of Green. In 1855, Knox was abandoned, and Green was restored to it's original boundaries.

  • Jefferson
    • Township: 22-23N, Range:9E
    • Developed in 1834. In 1834, Jefferson Twonship was formed from Union and Center, in the extreme southeast corner of the county.

  • Liberty
    • Township: 22-23N, Range:7E
    • Developed in 1839. In 1839, Liberty township was formed from the western part of Union, leaving Union, only 4 miles wide on the east side of Range 8, Township 22 and 23.

  • Mill
    • Township: 23-24N, Range:8E
    • Developed in 1848. In 1848 the township of Grant was formed, later renamed to Mill

  • Monroe
    • Township: 24N, Range:9E
    • Developed in 1836. In 1836 all the land now known as Monroe was set off from the eastern part of Center, with a strip a mile wide from the north of Jefferson, and called Madison Township. In 1855 Madison was renamed to Monroe.

  • Pleasant
    • Township: 25N, Range:7E
    • Developed in 1831. The county as first organized, consisted of but two townships of nearly equal dimensions. All north of a line passing through the central part of Township 24, being called Pleasant, and all south of that line being called Union. From these two townships 13 were formed in 32 years.

  • Richland
    • Township: 25N, Range:6E
    • Richland was formed in 1845 and is much as it is today, except for on the east, which run so as to include one mile of what is now Pleasant Township.

  • Sims
    • Township: 24N, Range:6E
    • Developed in 1848. Sims was formed in 1848 including all of Center, west of the boundary line.

  • Van Buren
    • Township: 25N, Range:9E
    • Developed in 1836. In 1837, Washington township was divided, two townships being organized therefrom, known as Washington and Monroe. In 1839, Monroe was renamed to Van Buren.

  • Washington
    • Township: 25N, Range:8E
    • Developed in 1836. The territory in Washington and Monroe (now Van Buren) townships was set off from Pleasant and the same from the northern part of Union.