The largest Indian cemetery in Indiana. Few graves are marked. The Indians buried here area largely descendants of Chief Metocinya and include Meshingomesia and his family. The first burial was probably in 1873. Burial was contrary to Indian tradition and reflects Christian influence.
An Indian Baptist Church and an Indian school were located here. Otho Winger taught at the scholl 1895-1898. This land is part of the last Indian reservation in Indian. The site of the battle of Mississinewa (1812) may be seen along the Mississinews River to the southwest.